RVIA Trade Show in Louisiville 2010 Part 1

As many of you already know I am a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Growing up I watched the Steelers win four Super Bowl titles in a six year span, and two more since that famous era. As I was preparing to attend the upcoming 48th annual National RV Trade Show I received an invitation to attend an unveiling at the Evergreen RV display. I knew that Terry Bradshaw (four time super bowl winner and hall of fame quarterback) was a spokesperson for Evergreen RV, so I made a point to be at this product unveiling.



One of the many interesting things I saw at the 48th annual National RV Trade Show, was the introduction of a Freightliner cutaway chassis for the Class C motorhome market. Labeled as the S2 cutaway it is equipped with a Cummins ISB 6.7-liter engine producing a respectable 340 hp, and an Allison 6-speed transmission. Look out Ford! You have some new competition that just showed up.




If the old-time tear drop trailer owners saw this outside kitchen they wouldn't know how to act. A big trend I saw in Louisville was the outdoor kitchen. There was every type and style imaginable, but this one was the most well equipped by far.



Here is an Eddie Bauer edition Airstream with a rear hatch I saw in Louisville. My first thought was "what about mosquitos?" but upon further investigation I found a screen that rolls down to seal it off when the hatch is open. Pretty nice!


There was no shortage of high-end motorhomes at the Louisville RV trade show, as depicted by this Newmar product. Talk about full wall slide-outs! I'm just not sure where they find buyers right now.

Happy RV Learning,

Mark Polk
RV Education 101
RV University
RV Orientation
Go for the RV Gold
Follow us on FACEBOOK
RV Consumer
RV Videos on Demand

No comments:

Post a Comment